Popular Posts

Wednesday 11 July 2012

When she investigates

Many of you have probably felt like asking me why I have a blog in the first place. Why I never write anything and why you bother to check it out. Yes? Well,suck it! It's mine. Die if you want to.

Salutations however :-)

I greet you in the name of random happiness. I am EMPLOYED!! It's probably the best thing that's happened to me since I grew a beard and started looking older (and manlier). However,the job is a bore. The boss is a male bitch or bitch nigger like many a people in Kampala refer to them. (Who comes up with such things though???)

Well,I've worked close to three weeks here. There's a two week hiatus I'm not counting,because those two weeks were THE best. I didn't have to work then. I regret it though. I need pay day to be soon.

Let me get to the point though. The job is boring,however the boss' personal life which comes with it is a BLAST!!! He's married,has a wife,three kids,his own law firm at such an early age. Generally,his life is THE PICTURE. But,(now this is the amazing part),he has a side chick/old flame/side dish/person of beneficial activities/first love/mpango wa kando/omuntu wa side. One of the perks of this job is keeping that a secret from his wife,who is catching on really fast,for as long as we're in his employment.

You know how eventful Mexican soaps are,yes? Well,my job is like one. Just the other day,his side person came to the office and they left for lunch. She's pregnant with his baby. Probably due in 5 or 4 months. But I don't care. The stomach can grow. The child is not part of this. Such an innocent soul. Anyway,they left. And like she'd been tipped,wifey came in like she occassionally does to ask us if he's cheating.

She doesn't really ask you straight out. It's more of a "So,how do you find work here? Is he treating you well? How nice.... So,uhmm,do people visit him? Maybe some friends? Good friends? No? Okay...and any female ones? Does he ever see any? Or maybe have talks with any? Okay... Well,if he does,you just tell me. I just need to be in the know sometimes. Especially since he's too tired to be asked when he comes home. Okay,bye."

You have no idea how HILLARIOUS it is. What does she imagine? I'll jeopardise myself and tell her? I want to keep my job. I want to keep going through this!!

You must be wondering where the boss is eh? Well,he's there. When he gets back,we inform him that she passed by. And that we did the usual. He nods and proceeds to whatever it is he does in that office.

Life is good,yes? The real ninja in all this is the old flame. She's just living THE life. Doesn't pay a bill. He does all that. And she's got an awesome job. I sigh at times.

I've got to go back to doing a lot of nothing. You'll read from me probably tomorrow.

Until next time,these are the thoughts in a script :-)


S e n t f r o m m y B l a c k B e r r y ® s m a r t p h o n e

1 comment:

  1. You and your colleagues are enablers....meaning you are either cheaters or you will be cheated on or are being cheated on, and you don't know!! What goes around comes around!!

    ReplyDelete