Popular Posts

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Less in the end IS more

I greet you with much satisfaction.
For a start,today I'd like to thank all you faithful readers (and the new ones too). As I type on my BlackBerry and read the statistics for page views and all,I am filled with such joy. Joy and humility that you read my blog. You know,most blogs are about politics,gossip,fashion,technology and all that. This one is very pointless. I'm really grateful that you take the time to read my pointlesses. At least I know there are people out there who read things other than the serious ones. Thank you.
Now don't just stop there and go like "Aii,now what was that paragraph all about? What does he mean? What nonsense is that now?" I'm really really grateful to you for reading my blog. Thank you (again).
This evening,I was lucky to have class cancelled and thus free hours to do whatever I deemed fit. And you guessed right. Food was fit. So I gathered nine friends (they would've been ten,but one was indisposed and couldn't make it) and set a plan to have dinner. Well,it was supposed to be pizza but I'll get to that later.
We got to this chain fast food joint near our college called Pizza Inn where an old Arab/Somali man hit on me (shudder with me here) in front of my friends. His words were "Boss,I'm six feet tall. Can't I work? *wink*" Now,this man does not know that I am part Ugandan. I can go Ugandan on him. Weh!! Has he ever been slapped by someone that is not his mother?? Let him try me again. I was in a good mood today. Anyway,we got tables and after fifteen minutes of making up our minds on what pizza size,how much to spend and what topping we wanted,I find out that the offer for "Terrific Tuesday" ended. Such unseriousness!! HOW does it just end like that?? How?!??? Again,I say,these people do NOT know that I am part Ugandan. My body runs on meat and other liquids. I can slap them!!
It was too late to drive to town,so we all took the bus and inevitably made stupid jokes which I laughed at with much emphasis on the mean ones (I am not a nice person,but they still love me. Such friends!!). We got to town and as always I walked briskly ahead with my long meatless legs as they strolled behind. We got to another fast food chain and we thought of value for our money (In other words we would be hungry if we spent our money there.) Hello!! We are on that "student's budget" thing other people do. (It's funny how some grown,working,REAL money earners still work on a students' budget though? I don't get that!) Walking out was the next move.
Sad and hungry (as well as tired because this was an hour and a half after our initial departure) we went to some other restaurant we didn't know well enough. The prices were much lower and the food was considerably good. I got full. And I also learnt something as well; when making a restaurant menu you have got to think big. Think different. The menus we got had some of the rarest combinations. Chips-Burger. Githeri-Chips. (Githeri is a meal eaten in Kenya and parts of Northern Uganda where maize and beans are cooked together to form one dish. It's usually eaten as is and if not made well,can have adverse effects on one's flatulence levels.) The winner though remains "Chips-Greens". Like HOW am I going to have Sukuma Wiki with my French Fries?? HOW?!? Whoever wrote that menu needs taste buds,not just a tongue. Even vegeterians would want better. At least put something like "Chips-Carrots"!!
In the end,we ate to our fill,had a good time together and even though we didn't spend as much,we ate much more and that's what really matters. The food. Not the time we spent together. Less money and more food. Stomach's first people. If I don't eat,and I die,you won't see me. So let me eat. Talk to me later. When I'm satisfied and digesting. Not when I'm hungry and having stomach pangs. Be serious,now!
I need to go to bed. The sheets must be wondering where my hairy legs have disappeared to. I leave you with an extremely blurred photo of my friend being carried by another on the street. Enjoy!!
Until next time,these are the thoughts in a script :-)

1 comment:

  1. Slap... Slap and Slap!! That menu, really Alex.. Really???

    ReplyDelete