Popular Posts

Sunday 29 January 2012

Delays...but with good reason!

Before you ask why I didn't blog yesterday and begin to hurl insults and throw shoes (I'm still in awe at the guy that threw shoes at Bush. He practiced in real life the actions of my dreams!! I mean,not just A shoe. But SHOES. That guy was a ninja. Forget Chuck Norris. That shoe guy can walk on glass.),I'd like to point out that I was blessed yesterday... Yes people,Alex is now an uncle!!!!

I see you smiling. I'm smiling with you as well. Let's all smile and act like we're on a toothpaste ad. Yessssss....that's right. That's the spirit!

I have to tell you how this child came though. I just have to.

So,Friday night,I get back home. Bearing gifts of chocolate for my ever craving sister of course. I'm super tired and hungry. I eat and get ready for bed,only to be yanked mid way through my exit of the living room by an almost delirious 9 month old sister. "Alex,you have to help me. My stomach HURTS!" She said these words as she gripped my already tiny biceps (yes. I have biceps. They're just not visible to the naked eye. Don't judge me).

Thus,my 5 hour ordeal begun. Back rubbing,stomach massages,hand holding. That night was just too much. I know you're all wondering where the father of the child was? And WHY she's at out place and not her own?

Well,he was away. He's a soccer player so at times,duty calls. And being a coward like myself,she could not stay in their house alone. Not to mention,it really wasn't a good idea to stay alone either way.

Now back to the night story. So I do all these things,internally suffering with kilograms of sleep in my eyes and aching fingers. Not to mention,my ever increasing irritability. Do you know what it's like to be told "Alex,use those useless hands of yours for the first time and rub." "My back HURTS,bring that big head of yours this side and think of a solution" "Alex you idiot,rub gently,this stomack is not a ball of ice." "Why were you men even born? To just have babies with us and disappear? Useless sperm. Now RUB!"

My knuckles and all my limbs hurt. Not to mention,she couldn't sit still. The moves she had that night compete with Jagger. That girl needed to be recorded. Those stunts can be good for weight loss. A daily routine of that exercise and you'll be good to go (Take notes not-so-small people. I still love you though!).

The sigh of relief when 6am dawned upon us and I could go to bed as my grandmother took over and they went to hospital.

After calling my Mum and telling her what was going on,I slept like my life depended on it. Well,it does depend partially on sleeps,but you know what I mean.

When I woke up,the day continued as always. Had a hair cut and proceeded to return home when I was called and told she had already given birth. This was at 2.40pm.

The euphoria I had,I've never EVER experienced. Seeing that baby for the first time was beautiful. It made me feel so cool. Like this new life has been brought and I'm meant to influence it to live positively.

Life is short,people. Really short. Tiny hands can tell you that. Remember when you were little? How small you were? And now?!! Seems just like yesterday.

And I've vowed to make sure this girl grows up knowing the good things in life. Like the type of weave to have,to make sure when she wears leggings,her bum must be covered unless she intends on getting some,and of course... the mirror is a LIAR!! (Don't look at me that way. You know there's that one day you looked at yourself in the mirror and thought your reflection looked hot. Only to walk out and later realise that Amy Winehouse R.I.P was your competition. Yes. Your life that day sucked. Big time!!)

I leave you this evening with a few words of encouragement. Life is livable. You just have to know how to live it right.

Until next time,these are the thoughts in a script :-)
Sent from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment